What is SmokeFreeBrain project?
Funder & Duration
- Funder: European Commission
- Duration: 3 years- 2015/2018
The european project SmokeFreeBrain started in November 2015 and involving 12 international partners addresses existing approaches aiming to prevent lung diseases caused by tobacco while at the same time it develops new treatments and analyzes their contextual adaptability to the local and global health care system.
SmokeFreeBrain follows an interdisciplinary approach exploiting consortium's expertise in various relevant fields in order to generate new knowledge.
State of the art techniques in toxicology, pulmonary medicine, neuroscience and behavior will be utilized to evaluate the effectiveness of:
• the use of electronic cigarettes with and without nicotine as a harm reduction approach and/or cessation aid
• a specifically developed neurofeedback intervention protocol against smoking addiction
• a specifically developed intervention protocol based on mobile applications
• the neurometric evaluation of public service announcements against smoking (Sapienza)
• pharmacological interventions